Product Code:- Accounting-PH41
Page | 1
Prepare a paper analyzing current digital forensics and how these techniques may be utilized to solve financial crimes. The paper’s focus is on electronic and digital information and the forensic techniques used to retrieve the information and assist in solving a crime. Many crimes are solved by analyzing digital and electronic data from numerous sources. This type of forensic analysis is also helpful in analyzing business operations and preparing other types of reports used by forensic accountants. The paper is to be six to nine pages long, double spaced. The page count does not include the Works Cited page(s). This paper requires your analysis and discussion of at least two
The analysis of the Craigslist Murder printed in Vanity Fair outlines the methods used to investigate this crime is currently located at
crimes solved utilizing digital forensics. Analyze the actions and crimes committed by Philip Markoff the "Craigslist Murder" and the actions of the Boston Police Department and other law enforcement agencies to catch the Craigslist Murder. You will need to select at least one other crime to analyze. This paper is to be broken down into three primary sections. The first section of the paper will discuss general digital forensic techniques and lead into the second section of the paper. The second section of the paper will contain a discussion and analysis of the forensic techniques used by the Boston Police Department and other law enforcement agencies in the investigation of the Craigslist Murder and a discussion and analysis of the forensic techniques used by the investigators of the other crime or crimes you selected to analyze. The final section of the paper will discuss any additional developments in digital forensic techniques that would assist in the investigation of the crimes you analyzed and how the techniques used, along with good investigative work, can be used in forensic accounting investigations. Remember to discuss the relationship between the uses of internet and telephone related electronic/digital "footprints" combined with physical evidence and good investigative work. Additionally, discuss forensics related to newer handheld devices such as the iPhone, iPads and equivalents manufactured by companies other than Apple.
http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/features/2009/10/craigslist-murder200910?printable=true and attached in a separate file. The use of the attached material is for the educational purposes of this class, use by its students in this class, and for no other purpose. Please locate another crime or crimes to discuss in your paper. Your paper is to be double spaced, typed and written in memorandum form. The paper should be double spaced and in the MLA format. The Purdue Owl Online Writing Lab discusses the MLA format:
The preparation of papers and manuscripts in MLA style is covered in chapter four of the MLA Handbook, and chapter four of the MLA Style Manual. Below are some basic guidelines for formatting a paper in MLA style.
• Type your paper on a computer and print it out on standard, white 8.5 x 11-inch paper.
• Double-space the text of your paper, and use a legible font (e.g. Times New Roman). Whatever font you choose, MLA recommends that the regular and italics type styles contrast enough that they are recognizable one from another. The font size should be 12 pt.
• Leave only one space after periods or other punctuation marks (unless otherwise instructed by your instructor).
Page | 2
• Set the margins of your document to 1 inch on all sides.
• Indent the first line of paragraphs one half-inch from the left margin. MLA recommends that you use the Tab key as opposed to pushing the Space Bar five times.
• Create a header that numbers all pages consecutively in the upper right-hand corner, one-half inch from the top and flush with the right margin. (Note: Your instructor may ask that you omit the number on your first page. Always follow your instructor's guidelines.)
• Use italics throughout your essay for the titles of longer works and, only when absolutely necessary, providing emphasis.
• If you have any endnotes, include them on a separate page before your Works Cited page. Entitle the section Notes (centered, unformatted).
Formatting the First Page of Your Paper
• Do not make a title page for your paper unless specifically requested.
• In the upper left-hand corner of the first page, list your name, your instructor's name, the course, and the date. Again, be sure to use double-spaced text.
• Double space again and center the title. Do not underline, italicize, or place your title in quotation marks; write the title in Title Case (standard capitalization), not in all capital letters.
• Use quotation marks and/or italics when referring to other works in your title, just as you would in your text: Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas as Morality Play; Human Weariness in "After Apple Picking"
• Double space between the title and the first line of the text.
• Create a header in the upper right-hand corner that includes your last name, followed by a space with a page number; number all pages consecutively with Arabic numerals (1, 2, 3, 4, etc.), one-half inch from the top and flush with the right margin. (Note: Your instructor or other readers may ask that you omit last name/page number header on your first page. Always follow instructor guidelines.)
You are to analyze your situation; cite appropriate laws, statutes and/or regulations; and come to a conclusion. Use MLA formatting for references and citations. The use of "MLA style specifies guidelines for formatting manuscripts and using the English language in writing. MLA style also provides writers with a system for referencing their sources through parenthetical citation in their essays and Works Cited pages. Writers who properly use MLA also build their credibility by demonstrating accountability to their source material. Most importantly, the use of MLA style can protect writers from accusations of plagiarism, which is the purposeful or accidental uncredited use of source material by other writers.” Discussion of a properly prepared paper is found at This discussion of a memorandum is found at http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/747/01/
• to steal and pass off (the ideas or words of another) as one's own . Plagiarism is a serious matter; do not plagiarize. plagiarismdotORG states that "According to the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary, to "plagiarize" means
• to use (another's production) without crediting the source
• to commit literary theft
• to present as new and original an idea or product derived from an existing source.
In other words, plagiarism is an act of fraud. It involves both stealing someone else's work and lying about
Page | 3
it afterward." 1 Instead of copying someone else's work, use proper citation form. Research & Citations
Use a Works Cited page providing no less than five (5) different references. These references are to be located through research. HCC’s library provides an extensive source of research material including over 100 databases you may search at
http://library.hccs.edu/articles/atoz.php and RIA (Research Institute of America) specifically provided for accounting research. The ability to demonstrate research skills through your written assignments and proper use of a Works Cited page is an important component to demonstrating your ability to properly research material related to this course. Research requires the ability to identify the appropriate research question and then identify and properly utilize key search terms to be used in performing electronic searches through large volumes of data. The information located will need to be located from multiple sources and analyzed. The analysis will culminate in a properly prepared memorandum, valuation, homework response or PowerPoint presentation. *IMPORTANT FOR RESEARCH TOPICS: RIA Checkpoint Education License for RIA’s Academic Advantage Program is available in all our open labs and in the libraries. This license includes RIA tax code, FASB Accounting Standards, AICPA Resource – Professional Literature.
1 What is Plagiarism? located at http://www.plagiarism.org/plag_article_what_is_plagiarism.html.
Now days, digital forensic accounting has been considered as the most important part in investing any criminal cases, starting from sexual exploitation to financial crimes. Digital forensic are mainly used for gathering evidence regarding the particular criminal case.
Essay writing help service
1.You need to compare the perspectives and experiences of the two authors (Helène Berr, Sarah Kofman). Also consider their r ...
Instructions: To complete this task and assessment requirements for this unit of study, you will submit the final draft of the essay that builds on the work you completed in SWTs 1- -?4. You should ...
Implementation of national emissions trading scheme in 2017 have been announced by China in a joint statement with the US. The two countries are the two biggest polluters on the planet have agreed ...
Equine Industries is considering a proposal to manufacture a high-protein horse feed. The project would ...
In recent times it has been suggested that university graduates can be divided into two groups, those who graduated from a business degree and those who did not. Suppose yo ...
Objective of this assignment
The objective is to place the student in the position of a management accounting role wit ...